Sunday, May 01, 2005
 
Recent happenings
Hey, I just realized, if that was the night that they hung an innocent man, then why did all the lights go out in Georgia? I always thought that was because they electrocuted the guy. But if they hung him. . . nevermind.

Okay, as some of you have pointed out, I haven't been updating this much. I could point to all the stuff that I'm working on, but the fact is, I've been totally immersed in World of Warcraft. I've been playing it to the exclusion of all other things. However, yesterday, divine intervention stepped in. My laptop blew up.

Not literally, but there were bad sectors in the FAT table, which made it unable to boot, format, or even partition itself. Long story short, it's dead, and I have no system butch enough to play WoW on.

There are two positive aspects to this. One, I'm getting more work done. I've just finished my first outline of the sci-fi story that I'm converting to a radio script, and tomorrow I'm going to start retrofitting my library into a sound studio (hanging up egg-crate foam, closing off vents, blocking out the window, general soundproofing). I've also got a basic outline for a second radio show based on a monsterous hungry sleeper sofa.

The other positive aspect is that I'm playing other games again. When I took my laptop to be repaired (hard drive replacement, rather) I also bought a PSP. So now, I'm playing games again, and I'm back to ranting about all the design mistakes. I'll leave that stuff for another post.

In other news, the PocketPC version of "The Limit" is now at about 95%, although development has been stalled somewhat by the loss of my laptop. I'm going to start looking at Flash development soon, to see if I can get a Flash version of the Limit available online.

I've also got an idea for a new game based on cutting in line. It's a little hard to describe, I'll try to put together a mock-up so that I can explain it better.

You know what's really weird. I've been gripped by a need to get something done all week, and yet, I've been immobilized, unable to do anything. I know the feeling well enough to recognize it as a depressive swing in my manic/depressive cycle, but I don't remember it lasting this long before. Maybe I need more exercise. All I know is, I feel like I need sleep, all the time.

It sucks.


Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.