Saturday, April 16, 2005
 
What a dreamer can do in a day
At 7:00 A.M. I contacted a favorite author of mine, and asked him if he would give us his blessing to do a radio adaptation of one of his books. He's tentatively interested, but I won't name him until he's decided he wants to be associated with this venture. =)

At 8:00 A.M. I downloaded Nullsoft's shoutcast server. By 9:00, I had it running on my system, and playing Old-Time-Radio Public Domain Sci-fi stuff.

At 8:42 A.M. I contacted some friends about re-working some of these old 30's scripts with me, updating them, and punching them up.

By 10:00 A.M. I had built a stable of actors who are willing and interested in lending their voices to a new set of radio shows.

At 11:00 A.M. I contacted a friend who knows a guy, who has his own recording studio. We have reason to believe that he will lend us his studio for long enough to do the recording.

By 12:00 P.M. I had started discussions with an ex-Acclaim sound guy, who's doing freelance work in Austin, and has already said he'd love to help with FX or music on new projects.

Then, I woke up my wife. She was sleeping late, because she had been up all night working on the taxes. When I told her about my day, she said, "It's amazing what a dreamer can do with just one day."

And the day is only half over.


Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.