Wednesday, March 30, 2005
 
Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday to Me
I belong in a Tree,
These aren't the right words so
You cannot sue me. :)

Long day. I've been working on the difficulty levels for Flipball, and that's coming along (though, it's not quite done). I'd really like to finish this tomorrow or over the weekend. I've got a really great soundtrack, and lots of good audio in the next version, which will hopefully be released soon.

In stock news, I made $50 on a $2,500 stake, which is good by any measure. Then, I held onto a different stock (bad move. I should have honored the dump price), and lost $107. Oh, well. Once I learn to trust Littletrades more than I do my own instinct, I'll be able to start reaping the benefits.

Here is why the internet will come to dominate our lives: I wanted to make a reservation at a local restaurant. I didn't remember the whole name, just that it was Italian, and sounded like Beppo. I found the yellow pages, opened it to restaurants, and couldn't find the one I wanted, I then pulled out the business white pages, and couldn't find it there either. I looked through the phone books for both city and county, but with no luck. Then I fired up Google, and just did a search for "Beppo Austin". The first reply was Google Local, with an address, map, and phone number for the restaurant "Buca di Beppo" (which was, incidentally, exactly what I was looking for). I actually felt stupid for trying a search in meatspace.

Comments:
Buca di Beppo taught me a very important lesson.

Never plan a first date to a restaurant that you haven't been to at least once.

Of course I forgot that rule many times and paid for it many times, but those are stories for another day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.