Thursday, March 17, 2005
 
FlipBall (Working Title)
I had this idea for a new game, kinda like the PopCap stuff, basic Match-three thing. I've got a basic gameplay mock-up here. The idea is that you can swap columns or rows of a grid, to match like-colored balls together. The goal, of course, is to clear the field.

I'd been thinking about it a lot recently, it's just stuck in my head. Coincidentally, PopCap just released an SDK for writing their games. I figure it should be fun to play with.

Of course, this is on top of my LittleTrades work. Gwen wants me to apply intraday evaluation, so that I can determine whether the buy hit before the sell, or if the dump price was hit. That's a pretty ambitious thing to do, but I think it will improve our validation by showing that you should get out before the cost of an investment becomes too dangerous.

And there are other candlestick patterns that I want to try to implement.

And I'm still working on the Kid's version of GTA.

With all these irons in the fire, I wonder if being employed wasn't an easier life. :)

P.S. If you ever want to turn on a movie to run as background noise while you work, I highly recommend Stanley Kubrick's works. They are so incredibly slow, that you don't really miss anything if you don't look up for a while. And when you hear "Open the pod bay doors, HAL" then you know it's time to look up, because the good stuff's coming. The antithesis of this is the first two Godfather movies. Oh, it feels like it's moving slowly, but it engages you so fully with its consistently great writing, acting, and web of intrigue, that you can't concentrate on your work.


Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.