Friday, March 18, 2005
 
Game in a Day
Okay, maybe not that fast, but I managed to make a live version of the FlipBall game mock up in just about as much time as it took to post this message. It's here if you want to see it. Yeah, it doesn't do anything, but most mock-ups don't.

My point is, the PopCap framework is pretty sweet. It took me longer to make the art than it did to implement it. Wow.

Next step is user interaction. Get those bars moving, get the columns and rows to switch places, and get the explosions to play. Step three, profit!


UPDATE: In, like, the two seconds that have past since I wrote this post, I got the explosion to animate. So, uh, it's not totally sedentary.

FURTHER UPDATE: Okay, I've managed to get keyboard input, so now I've got the bars moving. All I need now is the flipping of the balls, and the explosions working. Hmmm . . . I just might be done tonight. No more updates, though. Not unless I can get real gameplay going.


Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.