Friday, May 20, 2005
 
I've been discovered!
Okay, that might be a bit much, but I have been invited to act as a featured Games blogger for MindSay.com. I'll be writing much the same stuff as I do here (in fact, I intend to republish a lot of this stuff on the new blog), just for a wider, more targeted audience. Apparently, the new blog is going to be promoted in search engines, grassroots word-of-mouth campaigns, and general blogging circles.

For those who read this blog, you'll probably want to update your links to point to http://gamecoder.mindsay.com/

Hope to see you there. I'll probably keep this blog alive for a while, but with less frequent updates. Maybe I'll just put the non-games stuff here. I don't know. To be honest, this is happening really fast, so I don't know what I'm going to do.

Comments:
I dunno if you are still checking on here but found this on msn .. personally i think it sucks ... I would do voices for games just for the fun of it

Actors unions reach tentative agreements with video game producers
June 09, 2005


LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actors who provide the voices for video games would receive 36 per cent raises over the next 3 1/2 years under tentative agreements reached with producers.

Negotiators, though, failed to win the potentially lucrative residual payments like those television actors receive for repeat broadcasts of their work.

The presidents of the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists announced the deals Wednesday just hours before the unions were to release the results of a strike authorization vote.

The tentative agreements now must be approved by the organizations' national committees.

"We will spend the next 3 1/2 years devoting resources to further organize this industry, and return to the bargaining table with renewed strength and vigor to establish a fair participation in the enormous profits generated by video games," SAG president Melissa Gilbert said.

Game producers had balked at providing residuals, arguing that people don't buy games because of the actors who appear in them.

Under terms of the deals, video actors will receive 25 per cent raises effective July 1, increasing minimum four-hour session payments for those voicing three or more characters from $556 to $695 US. The rest of the increase will come over the life of the contract
 
I still read the comments on here. However, ironically, I've been blogging about this very subject on my new blog (gamecoder.mindsay.com).

One thing that really gets me is Wil Wheaton pushing for the strike. I'm trying so hard not to respond to his blog posts, because I respect his work.

But Dammit! He was in Grand Theft Auto! Do you know how much I would give to be a voice in GTA? I'd pay my own airfare, get my own hotel room. I'd scream into a microphone for 8 hours a day for a week if it meant I could be part of one of the most important cultural developments in this decade.

And he wants more money because it was so successful.

I'm going to shut up now. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.