Wednesday, December 08, 2004
 
Running a little experiment today.
Since I've started working with BlogExplosion, I've been using a really simple strategy for credits. I'll buy about $30 in credits each month, and use around 100 credits per day on my blog. Any credits I get from surfing go directly to the blog as well. I also give my two banner ads about 100 credits whenever they run out (which fluctuates pretty wildly).

So, that means that I'm getting about 110 to 140 visits a day, with about 120 to 160 page hits per day. So, if we assume that 100 of those hits are the ones that are just surfers who walk on by after their 30 seconds, then what about those extra visits? Are those the banner ads? Or are they that holy grail of all blogs, the repeat customer?

Recently, my banner ads ran out of credits, so, instead of topping them off, I've let them run out, and today, I won't add any credits to the blog itself. In theory, this will show me how many "real" viewers I've got.

I expect that there will only be about five or ten of you reading this. But understand that if you're reading this on December 8th 2004, then you've got a special place in my heart.

Comments:
doing this experiment right now. and i've found my readership quite accurately too.
cheerz
SEV
 
Well, as you've probably already noticed, it's a pretty sobering look at how much difference BlogExplosion really makes. I've had six people online today, with fifteen page views, and you (SEV) were nine of those views.

Still, that's not bad. I found out today that I'm linked from Lobo's "Preponderance of Ponderings" blog, so that's cool.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.