Tuesday, November 30, 2004
 
I think I just might cry.
There's a balloon in my head, creating all kinds of pressure on my skull. There's pressure, but no headache. My chest has the other balloon, making it difficult to breathe. On the screen, a few tiny strings of characters sit quietly:

"Load Failed! Check Memory card () (for placated 2)
in MEMORY CARD slot 1 and please try again.

Now restarting game."

I frown at the words stupidly for a minute, then they disappear. Well, that's not right. They can't do that. Can they do that?

I haven't touched the PSI except to cycle the power for the last two weeks. I've been playing GAD: SAA for so long, it's a part of my daily life. The sheer enormity of this is swimming through my head. All the tags, all the photo ops, all the oysters, mixed out skills on all weapons, all stamina, all strength. 100% on denies, 80% on Michel. All gold from the Driving school. Nearly done with jazzy and the garage missions.

Man, that hurts. You know the really sad thing, I'm going to pick it up again in a minute, shuffle into the skin of a skinny, inexperienced, unknown black kid. I'm going to step off a plane in Los snatch, and restart the whole damn thing.

Why? Because it's worth it. This is one of the best games I've ever played, and I MUST finish it. Come Hell or High water, I will finish it.

But damn, it really hurts.

Comments:
been there.. done that; only with Half-Life:Day One..
and man it hurt.. the gigantic pink headed alien was finally unable to blip me into the alternate world before i could zap him, and..
the blue screen of death flashed !!!i hate windows 98..

SEV
 
Y'know, I felt bad about posting that even as I did it. I mean, if you just surf through the other blogexplosion sites, you'll see people who are battling breast cancer, people who are living in war-torn oppression, and generally everybody has it worse than me. Compared to that, losing twenty days of gameplay does seem really pathetically small.

Still, my life right now consists of researching new languages and tools, looking for a job, and playing GTA. In this sad little shadow of a life, that was one of the main things going on.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.