Monday, January 24, 2005
 
Dark Parable
Warning: Not everything in this blog is funny. I started writing this to share the things that I think might be interesting to others.

This, for instance, is not funny. It's pretty freaking dark, but it's part of a dream I had, and I can't shake it.

There are two men alone.
One has dark skin, the other is fair.
One has wealth and riches, the other has nothing to his name.
One has a religious fervor, while the other believes in nothing.
One is enraged, frothing at the mouth, while the other feels nothing.
One is huge, strong, and powerful, the other is small, weak, and tired.
One has a gun, the other has no weapon.

They fight to the death.

Which one survives?

Answer:
The one who has the will. All it takes is a willingness to kill another person. The ability to agree in your heart to take another persons life. All other factors are immaterial.


Comments:
ooooooh that's so BIBLICAL!
excepting the presence of starving cows and stuff.

I SO need to start a dream blog. then perhaps people would psychologise me ;)
 
Hey, as long as it gets out of my head, I'm happy.
 
You know, I thought about war, but I really think that is a different matter (like the difference in translation of the Commandment "Thou shalt not commit murder" into "Thou shalt not kill" a subtle difference that allows for war)

It seems like, in war, both sides pretty much agree to kill the other. Every combatant gets trained to kill. So, in theory, they are both just as brutal.

However, I remember reading a report made in the 40's about how trained soldiers marksmenship dropped drastically when faced with a live target. Apparently, 7 out of 10 soldiers tended to shoot for the legs, or lower than the trunk of the body in actual combat. With all other factors considered, the report said that the majority of soldiers simply were not ready to kill another human being.

So, I guess, in war, the question is, "which side has more brutal inhabitants than the other?"

BTW, this also gives us a good reason to recruit people who have hunted recreationally. The South will Rise Again!!



P.S. It's been years since I've seen that report. If anyone else has heard of that one, and knows where I can get a copy, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.
 
a question i have is whether people can really just kill another, for no reason, with complete lack of emotion. there is no motivation other than to simply take the life of another.
now imagine if u feel that this is possible by you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.