Wednesday, January 19, 2005
 
Today's plumbing triumph
"I'm sorry, but we are not available to take your call right now. Please leave a message at the beep."

[beep]

"Um. Hi. This is Brand Gamblin. I had an appointment for you guys to come take a look at the clog in my kitchen sink.

Um . . The appointment was for about two hours ago. . . I've been waiting and . . .

Anyway, I started messing around with the pipes under the sink, and I found the problem. I took it apart, and fixed the clog, then I put it back together again. It seems to be working like a champ now, so . . .

I guess we don't need you to come out here. Thanks anyway."


God, that felt good. Saved about $100 bucks, too.

Not to sound too much like a geek, but I think that by making my plumbing savings throw, I just leveled up to a +3 house hubby.

Comments:
So did the plumber ever accidentally show up?
Did you receive a "we're sorry" follow up phone call?
Did you sport the mandatory plumber's crack?
 
Well, it's only been half a day since they missed the appointment, so I'm not really ready to say they "never" showed up. At the same time, I've neither seen, nor heard from them. So I guess you could say that we've lost contact with them completely.

And, no. My skinny ass was all to well covered.
 
Heh, good thing you had your Spanner Of Greater Plumbing (+1 vs leaks) handy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.