Monday, November 22, 2004
 
Update on the BlogExplosion stuff
A few posts back I talked about a rouge who is going around giving everyone low ratings. That didn't hurt the high-volume popular sites, because they already had lots of votes to dilute it. However, it hurt a lot of the newer little guys out there (of which, I am one).

Some people, reading this, decided to help by giving me an abnormally high rating, attempting to "rebalance" the system. While I sincerely appreciate this from the bottom of my heart, you really don't have to do that. I was only relaying a situation that's hurting lots of blogs out there.

After all, even I don't think my blog's worth a 10. :) Not yet, anyway. I'm still learning.

In other news, the mal-poster trend seems to be building, probably because there are multiple sad, anger-displacing children out there trying to screw with other people. Oh well.

The good news is that BlogExplosion will only let you rate a site once per week, so if we all start rating the sites we see as we explore through this vast and interesting array of personalities, we can dilute the efforts of the childish malcontents.

So, everybody, get out there and vote!

Oh, yeah, and leave comments too. It makes the web community feel more like a, well, community.

Comments:
Very well said my friend. I'm glad you decided to take on the Artest's of bloggers. ;-)
 
Shame we can't bench bloggers. :)
 
I only wish the BE banner would have a 12345678910 clicker instead of openning another window for voting. It really disrupts things.
 
Yeah, I was just thinking it would be cooler if they would let you rate a site from the same bar that you surf from. It just takes so long to open a new window for the rating page.

They could probably put a comments edit box, rating radiobox, and still do the "click number to continue surfing" thing, but it would mean getting rid of the banner sits next to the stats.

If I was BE, I know which one I'd pick. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.