Tuesday, November 09, 2004
 
Crazy Brand's Dry Goods
While we were doing overtime on Turok: Evolution, I noticed that the vending machines were charging about $1.50 for a cup of Ramen. I know that Ramen only costs maybe $0.33 a cup, and the blatant price gouging got my blood up. So, being the hothead that I am, I ran to my nearest Sam's Club, and bought all the Ramen Noodles, Candy Bars, Pop Tarts, and Cheetoes I could. I filled my filing cabinets with the low-priced goods, rounded the price up to the nearest quarter, and taped a menu to my office door. I called it "Crazy Brand's General Store". The process was simple. People would come in, select something from my stores, and drop payment in the money bowl. I also left enough change in there to let people make change for their purchases.

It was totally on the honor system, and while I doubt I ever turned a profit (especially when factoring in labor), I enjoyed providing a public service.

Here's the funny part. After I had been locked out for the past month and a half, I came in to find my money bowl full. Apparently, while I was gone, the auctioneers and inventory people bought food from me. So, Crazy Brand's lives on without me.

Comments:
I think that's just hilarious! I had just heard the story today from Clayton when I went to get my stuff. He said the real estate and auction people were very disappointed that your store was no longer in business. :-)

I think it's great that you managed to stay in business even after Acclaim fell apart. While in THEIR building, while the store was unattended! Hmmm...so who's the better businessman? :-D
 
er, meant to sign it, just forgot:

Andy Schwalenberg
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.