Monday, October 25, 2004
 
Ouch.
I'm a total fanboy for GTA stuff, right? I mean, if you've read this, you know that I've spent a lot of time thinking about GTA. I've downloaded the trailers, read all the previews, and patiently waited until Tuesday (tomorrow). I'm nearly at 100% completion on Vice City and I've already completed GTAIII

So, this morning my wife sends me an e-mail with a great discount. If I pre-order San Andreas, I can save $20 !! Wow !!

Here's the thing, though. Pre-ordering it the day before it's on the shelves means that I get to wait while all the other boys and girls are tearing through the West Coast! Sure, it saves us twenty bucks, but it also means that I have to wait 1 - 3 weeks (because, in order to get the free shipping, you have to use the crappiest shipping method).

Here's the funny part. I bought the strategy lamer guide while I was on their website (at a great discount means that I get it for $11). So now, my total savings is eight bucks !! There was a time when I would throw away eight bucks on a lunch out with friends instead of brown-bagging it!

But that time is over. I'm unemployed now, and I have to do the mature thing. I have to give up time with my favorite game in exchange for a small sliver of continued cash sustenance. I just wish it didn't hurt so much.

Oh, yeah. It gets funnier. I also find out today that I have an interview on Wednesday that I have to fly out for on Tuesday. So even if I borrow San Andreas from a friend or rent it, I still can't play it until my plane gets back on Thursday!!!

It's just not going to be my week. Wish me well at the interview. I'll try to update this while I'm out there ( "A Texan in California: A retrospective." or something).

Comments:
Good luck at the interview Brand!
- an Englishman lately from Texas in Canada
 
Thanks. I think it went okay. Should find out sometime next week.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.