Monday, October 11, 2004
 
Christopher Reeve and John Kerry
Christopher Reeve died tonight, Sunday Oct. 11. On Friday, John Kerry talked about Mr. Reeve in his debate, pointing out that they were good friends, and shared views on stem cell research (as compared to the dark-ages mentality that makes President Bush ban stem cell research).

I mention Mr. Reeve's passing to my wife, and her eyes narrow: "So, do you think the Republicans did it?"

I frown at her, trying to come up with a cogent response. Then I ask, "Leaving aside all the logistics questions, why would the Republicans do it?"

She says, "To make Kerry look bad."

So, I make the argument that this only helps Kerry. Makes him look good, because he would garner sympathy votes for having a friend die. This makes my wife ask why I'm trying to pin this murder on the Dems.

I say, "I'm not blaming the left for this." She responds, "So, if you don't think it's the Democrats, then why point out that they stand to gain? Or do you think that the Republicans are trying a smokescreen to make us think that the Dems did it?"

I'm back to my clever defense mechanism of frowning with my mouth open.

Wait. How did I get put in the position of pointing an accusatory finger at anybody?


Powered by Blogger
Visitors since October 7th, 2004

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.